Service Delivery Manager
Trades and operatives
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Service Delivery Manager to join our Highways team to work in South Mimms.
Responsibility for the Control Centres, Network Resilience and Security departments of Connect Plus Services, to ensure that contractual requirements are met, and all these departments are run in cost effective and efficient manner, giving advice, guidance and support to the Security, Resilience and Control Room Managers when necessary.
What you’ll be doing
As a Service Delivery Manager, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Undertake a full range of duties to ensure an efficient and effective service is delivered;
- Partake in the on-call CPS Silver Rota;
- Live the Connect Plus Services Values;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of the business Sustainability activities.
Who we’re looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales;
- A confident and professional manner;
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently at all levels;
- Excellent team working skills and able to build relationships at all levels;
- A clear and objective communication style;
- A flexible outlook to all tasks and duties;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers’ Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.