Shift Manager – Dartford Crossing
Mechanical & Electrical
Trades and operatives
We are looking for a Shift Manager to join us to work in Dartford.
Management of a team of M&E Maintenance Technicians, Incident support and recovery teams on the M25 DBFO Network. Ensuring that all Team members are thoroughly briefed on the works they are to undertake, ensure staff are working safely, efficiently and effectively. Ensuring safe and uninterrupted throughput of the crossing for all road users Responsible for all aspects of people management of the directly employed workforce.
What you’ll be doing
As a Shift Manager, your main responsibilities are as follows:
- To be conversant with the operation of all electrical / mechanical plant within the Dartford River Crossing and other M25 Tunnels;
- The delivery of Safety objectives by increasing our awareness of risks, driving risk mitigation, and leading by example;
- Prepare and deliver suitable works briefings, which adequately identify the work methodology, highlight the onsite hazards & risks along with control measures to be implemented;
- Ensure that all work activities are adequately managed ensuring that the identified works methodology is adhered to;
- Ensure that a detailed debrief is completed for all works activities at the end of each shift so that any identified issues can be resolved;
- Take an active role in the compliance of Contractual requirements including Primary Response, Secondary Response, reactive & planned preventative maintenance;
- First line management of all M&E Maintenance, ISU and recovery operatives for day to day people management;
- Maintain sufficient levels of resource are in place to ensure the safe delivery of all works activities and highlight at an early stage any areas of risk to the programme and identify potential solutions;
- Ensure that accurate records are maintained for all activities. Ensure that information is collected to demonstrate 3rd party accountability;
- Participate in the production of risk assessments and method statements;
- Delivery of toolbox talks, engaging the workforce to ensure good understanding of the subject matter and provide feedback for continual improvement;
- Management of fleet including compliance with Drivers Hours recording and Vehicle Defect reporting.
Who we’re looking for
The following qualities and experience are essential:
- CSCS card holder Supervisor;
- Previous Electrical / mechanical trade specific role;
- Previous experience in highway maintenance programs delivered to cost target and time;
- Knowledge and experience of health and safety and quality and environment standards within a highways context;
- Competent user of IT systems;
- Current UK driving license;
- Proven experience of managing & leading multidisciplinary teams;
- The ability to communicate verbally with clarity and authority to engage operatives, colleagues and management;
- The ability to write clear and understandable briefings and handover notes, and keep full and accurate records.
the following qualities and experience are desirable:
- SSSTS/ SMSTS;
- Current UK driving license LGV Class 2;
- Knowledge and experience of Severe Weather and Incident Management;
- Previous experience in highway maintenance on a live motorway or All Purpose Trunk Road (APTR) network.