CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer
About the role
We are seeking a Software Developer to join our team. The successful candidate will have experience of developing and configuring software applications (browser and app-based), preferably in the asset management or highways industry. They will also be experienced in working with large datasets in relational databases and Excel.
The work will be varied and wide-ranging, with the primary focus to be around the development of AgileAssets, Unity and KOREC, and the testing of these. In addition, the successful candidate can expect to be involved in working on other systems including GIS, Power BI, data warehousing and digital twins.
They will also be involved in other aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements, design, testing, user training and support.
This is a great opportunity for a Software Developer with 1-3 years’ experience to get involved in a wide range of established and new projects. Computing aptitude and logical thinking is essential
- Design, develop, test software solutions for (browser and app-based)
- Automate manual processes through software solutions
- Responsible for technical innovation and system improvements
- Work with stakeholders, product managers and users to analyse data available in the business and determine its quality
- Develop algorithms to support data cleansing, and automate data cleansing where possible
- Collaborate closely with project team members and users
- Proven computing aptitude (aptitude test to be given)
- An understanding of spatial data and linear referencing systems / models
- Strong ability in tracing data flows through client-server systems and diagnosing issues
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organised and with attention to detail
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Flexible, motivated and able to persevere in challenging situations
- MS Office (Word, Excel)