Support Technician – Design
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer
CPS is currently recruiting Support technician for our Design team. The role will be key for team supporting with administrative duties and technical support to aid delivery of renewal and improvement.
The Design teams key roles are to maintain and/or improve the asset to the agreed standard while considering the needs of key stakeholders.
- General Administrative duties to support the team
- Upload documents and drawings to a Collaboration Website (Aconex.)
- Assist the Engineering team in the delivery of works packages
- Extract Statutory Undertakers service information from the CDP database for the Engineers
- Undertake Statutory Undertakers searches (C2 / C3 enquiries)
- Undertake road space bookings on behalf of the Engineering team
- Prepare Traffic Management Plans, diversion routes and organise Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders with Highways England and Local Councils
- Promote good relationships with Stakeholders in the coordination and approval of Traffic Regulation Orders
- Assist the engineers in carrying out site surveys on the network
Qualifications and skills required:
- GCSE English and Maths
- Good writing skills
- Be able to manage own workload and work to deadlines
- Proficient in the use of computer software such as MS Word and Excel
- Good communication skills
- Attain appropriate CSCS card-training will be given
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Experience dealing with external stakeholders such as National Highways, Local Councils, Emergency Services, or the public
- Full UK driving licence or licenced to drive in the UK by reciprocal agreement
- Broad skills, knowledge and understanding of highway related design areas
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Hold or studying for vocational qualification in Construction or Engineering