Technology Contract Manager
Health, safety and wellbeing
We are looking for a Technology Contract Manager to join us to work in either South Mimms, Dartford or Leatherhead.
- To provide leadership and management to successfully deliver the Technology Operations and Maintenance for the M25 Contract through nurturing excellent customer relationships and by meeting and exceeding expectations.
What you’ll be doing
As a Technology Contract Manager you will:
Lead in ensuring Health, Safety & Wellbeing (HSW) targets and standards are achieved, maintained and enhanced for the Technology Team by:
- Knowing what safety & wellbeing excellence looks like and communicating with passion and credibility, in order to inspire, motivate and lead;
- Fostering a continuous improvement culture by seeking input from all members of the SD and wider CP/CPS Team and encouraging them to implement safety & wellbeing improvements & innovation.
- Thorough implementation of planning, risk, project controls and change controls;
- Utilisation of the principles of Lean in the execution of the contract, particularly Lean Visual daily management, collaborative programming, planning and problem solving;
- Promoting Sustainable Solutions around Technology maintenance operations, particularly those related to reduction in carbon use and efficient management of Waste and Energy.
- Working alongside other CPS senior managers to develop excellent working relationships with the Highways England and Connect Plus senior teams;
- Working collaboratively with other senior leads to enhance our performance and deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Promoting behaviours to drive continuous improvement & innovation in performance and delivery to improve safety and maximising financial gain;
- Utilise Digital tools to support lean efficiencies, optimisation, safety and performance improvement;
- To manage contractual and non-contractual KPIs and capture trends for the purposes of continuous improvement;
- Lead the Technology team and manage the supply chain to deliver emergency response and routine and cyclic maintenance to time, cost and quality targets and standards;
- To ensure NHSS8 / HEA compliance for CPS activities;
- Engaging with HE and other Technology Suppliers at National level to understand and promote best practices;
- Benchmarking performance vs other HE Areas and targeting performance consistently in the top 20%.
Commercial & Financial Management:
- Understand the M25 Contract terms and Obligations relevant to the Technology operations;
- Manage Technology Operations commercial and business risk to achieve budget targets;
- Ensure the Technology team is aware of and follow the CPS (BB) company procedures and policies i.e. the Business Management System and CPS business processes;
- Ensure effective records are maintained and kept for Technology Operations & Maintenance and regularly report on project progress, risks and issues
Who we’re looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Experience and demonstrable key achievements in leading teams in a highway maintenance, technology maintenance or a similar complex risk industry;
- Excellent leadership skills, including experience of leading teams and confidence in the ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets;
- The ability to communicate effectively – to manage customer relationships
Ability to implement planning and organisational skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency;
- Experience of positively changing culture through leadership, coaching and mentoring at all levels within an organisation along with a focus on lean principles and continuous improvement;
- A relevant professional qualification, such as APMP, and a relevant technical qualification to HND or B/TEC Higher National Certificate in electronics/ telecommunications engineering (or an agreed equivalent qualification) is desirable;
- A good knowledge of HE communications infrastructure and standards and HE testing / TMMM requirements is desirable.
- Ability to evaluate complex contract performance data;
- A passion to be a visible driving force to deliver performance excellence within the business;
- An excellent team player able to lead, manage, influence and get the best from staff, clients and the supply chain.