Tunnel M&E and Technology Manager
This roles leads and manages the specialist Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) asset management team for the five M25 DBFO tunnels to meet through life, and whole life performance, condition and budget targets.
Manage the complex Technology Assets at Dartford and Traffic Monitoring Detector installations around the network whilst fulfilling the key role of Technology Officer, a position that requires experience in the field and full membership of the Institution of Engineering and Technology or its equivalent.
• Define data and secure system requirements for M&E and Technology asset management and performance monitoring. Manage staff to establish these and make full use of data in support of decision making and reporting.
• Manage production of Condition, General, Principal and Inspection Entity inspections and submit by contract deadlines.
• Produce asset strategies for M&E and Technology consistent with business strategy, contract, sustainability and asset hand-back requirements.
• Regularly review Tunnel M&E and Technology performance / faults with Maintenance managers to ensure best data is used for the asset renewal Decision Support Tool (DST) and formulation of the 30 year Asset Management Forward Programme (AMFP).
• Govern production of both the annual AMFP and internal, yearly Investment Review and associated renewal scheme definition. Manage configuration of the asset DST to provide optimal asset renewal profiles based on assessed, and over time, validated deterioration and renewal investment models.
• Review, update and implement business processes that cover contract requirements and industry best practice. Establish, monitor, and improve these against associated performance metrics. Manage preparation, authorisation and submission of contract reporting.
• Set clear objectives and priorities for staff and carry out Line Manager duties taking responsibility for staff performance, training, well-being, and development.
• Establish collaborative relationships with stakeholders and work closely with Operation and Maintenance colleagues and Suppliers to optimise integration, effectiveness, and efficiency.
Skills & Experience:
• Professional Qualification in Engineering or similar with a degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical or Electrical engineering, Technology, or related subject
• Technical leadership experience at a senior level
• Demonstrable asset management track record or equivalent transferrable skills (ISO 55001 preferred)
• Experience in setting performance measures and improvement
• Change management experience – asset change controls and organisational evolution
• Commercial awareness and budget management (team, AMFP and investment)
• Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, customer focus
• Team building and people skills
• Planning (short, medium & long term) and organising, innovative
• Risk identification and management in relation to safe tunnel operation, Technology and M&E asset performance and renewal
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, AtkinsRéalis and Egis Road Operations UK. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.