Connect Plus Services (CPS) is a joint venture contract made up of Balfour Beatty , Atkins, and Egis. The contract maintains and operates the M25 DBFO including surrounding roads on behalf of the Highways England and provides an excellent opportunity to work on one of the busiest networks in Europe .
We are currently looking for a Control Room Operator to join our Team based in Dartford. The role involves working 12-hour shifts, days, and nights on a 4 on 4 off basis.
- To support direct the activities of the Incident Support Units in coordinating the deployment of appropriate resources to successfully resolve incidents in compliance with policy and contractual requirements
- To accurately receive and disseminate information to optimise safety and maximise efficient response and resolution of incidents
- To ensure that CCTV, tunnel, and bridge safety systems are monitored and that an appropriate response is taken to alarms
- To ensure accurate recording of network occupancy through use of NOMS and SRW
- To ensure that relevant colleagues and stakeholders are updated of critical incidents via the SMS text system and other platforms.
- To comply with Connect Plus policies and procedures as detailed in TOC and NOC plans
- To work to agreed performance and quality standards
- To build strong, effective working relationships with stakeholders and partners including real-time liaison with the Regional Control Centres
- To monitor and react , in a timely manner, to all alarms on the SCADA system
The following qualities/experience are advantageous:
- Experience of working in an operational control room, preferably in an emergency services environment
- Experience of working in an environment involving the time-critical deployment of resources
- Experience of working in a performance driven environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Aptitude for effective problem solving, using information to consider options and outcomes
- Ability to operate and interrogate several Windows based systems simultaneously to a high level of competence
- Experience of Highways Agency, Emergency Services procedures
- The post holder must meet the requirements of security clearance
This role is rotated on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern of 12-hour shifts, day, and night shifts. More can be discussed at interview stage with all applicants