CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
Our teams work on the M25 maintaining and improving the network, safety, and customer experience. It is essential that we have a capable team with knowledge and guidance for utilities above and below ground. We are therefore looking for an experienced utilities co-ordinator o provide guidance and implement safe systems of work for the avoidance of underground / overhead services and management of knowledge transfer for new and located services.
We have recently introduced a new web based Smart Permit System, which provides a range of services to provide support for all requirements for permit to break ground requirements. This system is in its infancy and will require continual development to ensure we keep it up to date and in line with the needs of the business.
key responsibilities are:
- Interpret utilities drawings and translate onto our systems / drawing / site information on the location of above ground and underground utilities
- Understand the process of using information from drawings to mark out items in the field
- Use Cable Avoidance Tools and techniques whilst training and assess others for the right level of competency and understanding
- Own and improve the process of providing information to the M25 community – drawings, data, avoidance, permit to excavate, work beneath
- Work with others to develop a comprehensive accessible network ‘hazard’ map that contains key information that can be shared with all stakeholders to assist in the safe delivery of maintenance and construction activity
- A good working knowledge of civil engineering and highway works including highways technology
- Experience interacting with utility service owners and senior site management regarding utilities in a professional manner
- Be able to assist internal and external stakeholders with implementing safe working procedures in the proximity to known utilities
- Familiarity with Method Statements and Risk Assessments and be able to write and assess the documents.
- Have experience in the construction industry preferably with a role as a statutory services coordinator or similar
- Understand the utilities to be encountered on the M25
- GS6 and overhead power line knowledge
- Knowledge of HSG47 and PAS128
- Highways experience (preferable)
- CAD experience (preferable)
- SMSTS (essential)
- CSCS (essential)
- Experience of management of utilities in a similar role including leading on implementation and improvements to systems.
- Able to clearly communicate to all levels the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately.
- Experience of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity, including managing others in this regard.
- Ability to work unsupervised, using own initiative and seeking out opportunities in line with level of responsibility.
- Follows and promotes continuous improvement of performance, and of safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Able to work occasional night and across differing locations.
- Hold a current driving license and CSCS Card
- Knowledge of CAT & Genny and what is available on the market
- Intermediate computer skills
- Problem solving skills
Health Safety & Environmental
- Understands method statements and risk assessments, able to develop new and improved safe systems of work
- Good working knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation
- Able to apply an understanding of relevant permit procedures when assessing and signing permit applications
- Experience assisting with accident/incident investigations (specialist knowledge)
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities and resolving problems
- Experience with Microsoft Office for the creation of spreadsheets and reports
- Able to consult with engineers and sub-contractors to develop safe working procedures
- Able to maintain an auditable trail of documents