Assistant Project Manager
Project & Asset
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients’ problems head-on. It’s a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we’re here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what’s ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you’re returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
Atkins, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operations UK are part of a consortium, creating Connect Plus Services, a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways asset care from finance, through to design, build, maintenance as well as day to day operation. Our Project & Asset Team currently have an opportunity to join their team for an Assistant Project Manager.
- Assist the Project Manager of Renewal and/or Improvement Project Projects from Inception to Close Out located across the entire Network. Project types include, Pavement projects, Safety improvement projects, Structures refurbishment, Geotechnical and Drainage works.
- Assist the Project Managers on liaising with all Stakeholders for each project with particular focus on meeting requirement of Highways Agency (HA) and Connect Plus (CP) as primary Clients
- Project portfolio delivery to time, cost, quality and delivering the agreed outcomes with full supporting documentation to allow project close out.
- Working with Framework Contractors for project execution in accordance with the implemented Collaborative Management strategy
- Application of innovative and efficient design and construction methods to all projects
- Support delivery of all projects in accordance with Zero Harm plan implemented by business
- Assist with a number of projects at different stages of the project lifecycle.
- Commission and manage internal and external resources in terms of quality, budget and programme
- Manage end to end project progress from asset team, designers, sub-consultants, construction team and contractors
- Manage schedule and resolve delivery issues for each project
- Manage cost plan for each project
- Routinely report schedule, current spend and financial forecast of each project to HA and CP
- Report detailed status of each project at HA monthly meetings, including schedule and cost forecast
- Liaise with Planner, Construction Manager, Project QS and Designers to develop individual project schedules and budget estimates
- Liaison with Asset team and Operations team as necessary
- Maintain MS Project schedule to identify milestones and completion dates for tasks and teams
- Assess, mitigate and manage progress, finance and delivery risks
- Ensure key project enablers are implemented, TTROs, Road Space Bookings, Local Authority Consultation etc.
- Ensure project transfer and ECI meetings occur
- Prioritise critical path activities and manage resources accordingly
- Adhere to project governance procedure and ensure all necessary supporting documentation is prepared and presented.
- Coordinate all phases of the renewals and improvements process
- Live the Connect Plus Services Values
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Support the delivery of the business’ Sustainability activities
Qualifications / Experience:
- Project Management Experience preferably supported by recognised PM qualification, PRINCE2, APMP etc.
- Preference of minimum IEng qualification registered with Engineering Council and membership of appropriate professional institution (ICE or IHT) or working towards such qualification.
- Broad skills, knowledge and understanding of Highway or Structures Engineering and associated design areas
- Understanding of H&S Requirements related to Highway Engineering
- Knowledge of CDM and other H&S legislation
- Competent in exercising the duties under CDM
- CSCS Card
- Understanding of Environmental requirements of projects
- Knowledge of the NEC Contract and other relevant forms of contract
- Knowledge of Quality Management
- Knowledge of HA procedures