Assistant Project Manager
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer
We are looking for an assistant project manager for our Renewal and Improvement Project business, supporting the PM from inception to close out across the Network. Project types include, Pavement projects, Safety improvement projects, Structures refurbishment, Geotechnical and Drainage works.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Project Managers on liaising with all Stakeholders for each project with particular focus on meeting requirement of National Highways (NH) and Connect Plus (CP) as primary Clients
- Project portfolio delivery to time, cost, quality and delivering the agreed outcomes with full supporting documentation to allow project close out.
- Working with Framework Contractors for project execution in accordance with the implemented Collaborative Management strategy
- Application of innovative and efficient design and construction methods to all projects
- Commission and manage internal and external resources in terms of quality, budget and programme
- Manage end to end project progress from asset team, designers, sub-consultants, construction team and contractors
- Manage schedule and resolve delivery issues for each project
- Manage cost plan for each project
- Routinely report schedule, current spend and financial forecast of each project to for NH and CP
- Liaise with Planner, Construction Manager, Project QS and Designers to develop individual project schedules and budget estimates
- Liaison with Asset team and Operations team as necessary
- Desirable Project Management Experience preferably supported by recognised PM qualification, APMP or working toward
- Broad skills, knowledge and understanding of Highway or Structures Engineering and associated design areas
- Knowledge of CDM and other H&S legislation
- Competent in exercising the duties under CDM
- Understanding of Environmental requirements of projects
- Knowledge of Quality Management