Asset Management Office
About the role
We are looking for a Pavement Engineer to work in our Asset Management team. You will be part of a team who develop, implement, and continuously improve the asset management strategy to deliver efficient and effective maintenance and renewal activities to the Pavement whilst considering the DBFOs asset management objectives.
You will contribute to the development and maintenance of network plans using National Highways and Connect Plus Services Asset management systems. We are responsible for ensuring we provide a long-term integrated asset management and value adding approach for Pavements and assist in the development and implementation of an integrated Asset Management System.
Your key external stakeholders will be National Highways and Connect Plus, internally you will liaise with CPS teams in relation to supporting the wider business.
What you will be doing
- Assist with the management and maintenance of National Highways Pavement Management System (HAPMS), to include network referencing, construction updates, and reporting for inclusion in the Asset Management Forward plan
- Collect and manage Highway inventory asset data using HD video and upload into the Asset management systems, Agile assets/CONFIRM databases
- Identify and scope maintenance, renewal, and improvement projects to overcome pavement issues
- Assist with the management of technical inspections and machine surveys, to include planning of survey routes, assessment and monitoring of programmes, evaluation of completed surveys identifying missing or incomplete data
- Provide input into the Production of the asset management forward planning for road traffic signs to continuously improve the 30-year programme to demonstrate the management of condition
- Identify and embrace change and promote innovations as the key to continuous improvement. With this, the identification of potential improvement funding opportunities weighted against National Highways Value Management principles and Contract Change Impact
- You will work closely with commercial and financial business areas to provide technical support to help the wider business understand (whilst identifying and agreeing with all affected stakeholders) the impact of third-party additional works and network improvement schemes on the pavement assets
Who we are looking for
- Qualified to degree level or proven experience
- Progressing towards / membership of appropriate Professional Institute (example: ICE, CIHT, or equivalent)
- Strong Management of pavement assets and familiar with pavement design standards in accordance with the DMRB, MCHW
- General understanding of pavement operations, maintenance, and renewal and RWSC
- Skilled in MS Office applications.
- A general Understanding and exposure to real time Asset databases. Willingness to apply skills to new and evolving Asset Management Systems and Tools (Agile)
- Capable communicator and active team member
- Methodical and structured approach working individually or as part of a team
- Available to be placed on the call out register, this covers six days in six weeks
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships within key stakeholders
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, AtkinsRéalis, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer