This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe – the M25.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join us to work in either Dartford, South Mimms or Leatherhead to deliver the portfolio of Improvement and Renewal projects to the agreed outcome of CP and/or HE objectives.
- Project Management of Renewal and/or Improvement Project Projects from Inception to Close Out located across the entire Network. Project types include Pavement projects, Safety improvement projects, Structures refurbishment, Geotechnical and Drainage works;
- Project Managers will be liaising with all Stakeholders for each project with particular focus on meeting requirement of Highways England (HE) and Connect Plus (CP) as primary Clients;
- Project portfolio delivery to time, cost, quality and delivering the agreed outcomes with full supporting documentation to allow project close out;
- Working with Framework Contractors for project execution in accordance with the implemented Collaborative Management strategy;
- Application of innovative and efficient design and construction methods to all projects;
- Support delivery of all projects in accordance with Zero Harm plan implemented by business.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Be responsible for a number of projects at different stages of the project life-cycle;
- Commission and manage internal and external resources in terms of quality, budget and programme;
- Manage end to end project progress from asset team, designers, sub-consultants, construction team and contractors;
- Manage schedule and resolve delivery issues for each project;
- Manage cost plan for each project;
- Routinely report schedule, current spend and financial forecast of each project to HE and CP;
- Report detailed status of each project at HE monthly meetings, including schedule and cost forecast;
- Liaise with Planner, Construction Manager, Project QS and Designers to develop individual project schedules and budget estimates;
- Liaison with Asset, PMO and Service Delivery teams as necessary;
- Maintain MS Project schedule to identify milestones and completion dates for tasks and teams;
- Assess, mitigate and manage progress, finance and delivery risks;
- Ensure key project enablers are implemented, TTROs, Road Space Bookings, Local Authority Consultation etc;
- Ensure project transfer and ECI meetings occur;
- Prioritise critical path activities and manage resources accordingly;
- Adhere to project governance procedure and ensure all necessary supporting documentation is prepared and presented;
- Coordinate all phases of the renewals and improvements process.