Project & Asset
• Project Management of Renewal and/or Improvement Project Projects from Inception to Close Out located across the entire Network. Project types include, Pavement projects, Safety improvement projects, Structures refurbishment, Geotechnical and Drainage works.
• Project Managers will be liaising with all Stakeholders for each project with particular focus on meeting requirement of Highways Agency (HA) and Connect Plus (CP) as primary Clients
• Project portfolio delivery to time, cost, quality and delivering the agreed outcomes with full supporting documentation to allow project close out.
• Working with Framework Contractors for project execution in accordance with the implemented Collaborative Management strategy
• Application of innovative and efficient design and construction methods to all projects
• Support delivery of all projects in accordance with Zero Harm plan implemented by business
• Responsible for a number of projects at different stages of the project lifecycle.
• Commission and manage internal and external resources in terms of quality, budget and programme
• Manage end to end project progress from asset team, designers, sub-consultants, construction team and contractors
• Manage schedule and resolve delivery issues for each project
• Manage cost plan for each project
• Routinely report schedule, current spend and financial forecast of each project to HA and CP
• Report detailed status of each project at HA monthly meetings, including schedule and cost forecast
• Liaise with Planner, Construction Manager, Project QS and Designers to develop individual project schedules and budget estimates
• Liaison with Asset team and Operations team as necessary
• Maintain MS Project schedule to identify milestones and completion dates for tasks and teams
• Assess, mitigate and manage progress, finance and delivery risks
• Ensure key project enablers are implemented, TTROs, Road Space Bookings, Local Authority Consultation etc.
• Ensure project transfer and ECI meetings occur
• Prioritise critical path activities and manage resources accordingly
• Adhere to project governance procedure and ensure all necessary supporting documentation is prepared and presented.
• Coordinate all phases of the renewals and improvements process
• Live the Connect Plus Services Values
• Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
• Support the delivery of the business’ Sustainability activities
• Project Management Experience preferably supported by recognised PM qualification, PRINCE2, APMP etc.
• Preference of minimum IEng qualification registered with Engineering Council and membership of appropriate professional institution (ICE or IHT) or working towards such qualification.
• Broad skills, knowledge and understanding of Highway or Structures Engineering and associated design areas
• Understanding of H&S Requirements related to Highway Engineering
• Knowledge of CDM and other H&S legislation
• Competent in exercising the duties under CDM
• CSCS Card
• Understanding of Environmental requirements of projects
• Knowledge of the NEC Contract and other relevant forms of contract
• Knowledge of Quality Management
• Knowledge of HA procedures
• Proactive problem solving
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong safety management culture
• Self aware and adaptable style to meet varying project needs
• Presentation skills.
• Team building skills.
• Ability to prioritise and self manage
• Ability to develop relationships and engender trust
• Demonstration of commitment to ongoing personal development via CPD
• Experience of managing project delivery to existing highway or structures assets in a live operational environment or transferrable experience from a comparable role
• Recent experience of coordinating interfaces with other disciplines and design teams
• Experience of managing projects through complete lifecycle
• Experience in the design and construction of highways or structures projects