- To provide assistance to the Commercial/quantity surveying team in relation to commercial & contractual control and support the co-ordination of the efforts of all parties involved in the execution of a specific project or range of projects.
What you’ll be doing
As a Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Carry out tasks as instructed by various members of the Commercial/quantity surveying team, such as measurement for valuations;
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company QHSE procedures and work instructions;
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the contract cost reporting system as directed by the line manager;
- Prepare cash flows for payments in and out;
- Prepare accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value;
- Assist with sub-contract tender process and support the preparation of sub-contract documentation;
- Prepare payment certificates for sub-contract work;
- Prepare interim applications for payment;
- Valuations of variations;
- Assist with the preparation of valuations and claims, ensuring that they are supported by relevant records;
- Preparation of accurate monthly reporting of cost and value on the project(s) in line with the Companys reporting process;
- Identify potential risk and opportunities and escalate these as appropriate;
- Carry out all activities so as to comply with BMS and Group Minimum Commercial Expectations;
- Where appropriate and where used on the specified project, assist with the utilisation of BIM to support progress monitoring, provide commercial reporting and incorporate information to support change management, variations orders and encourage;
- Live the Connect Plus Services Values;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of the business Sustainability activities.
Who we’re looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Relevant experience in quantity surveying is required;
- Membership of a relevant professional body and/or working towards a relevant professional qualification is desirable, such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/InstCES;
- A valid CSCS card is required.
- Knowledge of the tendering process;
- Knowledge of the various forms of contract used across the industry;
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial management of Construction projects and the construction process in general Knowledge and understanding of sub-contracting principles;
- Knowledge of the requirements to provide and obtain Insurance, Bonds and Warranties;
- Proficiency in administration, writing, numeracy, IT and MS Office;
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative;
- Enthusiasm and results focus, together with an ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Effective negotiation skills with both internal and external customers.