About the role
Experienced Street Lighting Operatives required urgently for night work!
A long term contract on one of the UK’s most prestigious and busiest motorways, the M25, based in the Essex area undertaking a wide range of street lighting maintenance, testing, installation works and similar tasks as required.
Offering a competitive salary
What you’ll be doing
As a Street Lighting Operative, you will:
- Undertake street lighting activities on the network including routine and non routine maintenance, installation works and testing.
- Attend various incidents on the network relating to but exclusive to street lighting including liaison with the NOC (Network Operations Centre) and other parties.
- Participate in an out of hours call out rota
Who we’re looking for
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- CSCS Operative Card.
- ECS Card to relevant competency.
- NHSS 8 Competency Training.
- IPAF 1b (MEWPS.)
- UK Driving Licence, minimum category C (LGV Class 2.)
- Driver Qualification Card.
- Abrasive Wheel.
- Plant/small tools training.
- Appropriate lifting qualification e.g lorry mounted crane.
- A proven well rounded street lighting / electrical background.
- An understanding of the street lighting industry.
- Working on a live motorway or All Purpose Trunk Road (APTR) network.
- Experience of working in a similar environment.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers’ Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.