CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for technology engineers to work within the Connect Plus Services Technology Maintenance Team maintaining & improving Area 5 Technology assets
This role includes the supervising of the regionalised Technology Engineers to carry out maintenance and fault/failure rectification activities on the following types of equipment – CCTV, ERT, MIDAS, RCC, NTIS, HAWIS, Traffic Signal, Message sign and signal equipment in line with the National Highways and Technology Services quality plan ensuring the technology systems are maintained and repaired in accordance with the contractual requirements and timescales required
- Ensure systems are maintained and repaired within contractual requirements through efficient and effective working
- Ensure National Highways Service Now data is captured and entered correctly
- Attend faults, knockdowns and carries out corrective maintenance including the reinstatement of sites, cable and equipment damaged by others
- Carries out fault / failure rectification and maintenance duties, included within the shift / on-call rota and/or out of hours maintenance within the contract response times
- Provides technical liaison for third party faults
- Responsibility for ensuring that all faults are repaired within Contract timescales
- Responsibility for ensuring all planned maintenance is carried out within Contract timescales
- Assist the sub-contractor as necessary for work on Traffic Signal systems and related equipment
- Responsibility of employer’s stores, ensuring all stock is booked in and out
- Ensure that the communications infrastructure is being maintained to standard.
- Witness and sign-off testing including off-site testing, cable testing, local SAT and end to end testing of any new systems
- Record and report any health and safety concerns to your line manager ASAP
- Manage time and vehicle efficiently whilst on the network
- Ensure all equipment is logged, stored and kept secure at all times
- Qualified to HNC or B/TEC Higher National Certificate in electronics/ telecommunications engineering (or equivalent qualification), OR 8 years’ experience working on Motorway communications or closely related systems
- NHSS8 Certified
- Good knowledge of NH communications infrastructure and standards
- Good knowledge of NH testing / ADAMr requirements
- NMCS 2 Communications experience i.e. good all round technology experience e.g. MIDAS, CCTV, VMS, ERTs, NTIS, HAWIS, Traffic Signals etc.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work closely and manage subcontractors
- Experience of working with the NRTS Contractor
- Must be able to work at height and in confined spaces.
- Must hold a full driving licence
- Must be self motivated to work as an individual and also as part of a team as necessary.