CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, Atkins, and Egis. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.
Our Security team are looking for an officer to join their team on a contract basis. Your primary responsibilities are to keep the M25 safe and work as part of our efficient security team around the Dartford depot and wider CPS team.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Monitor and operate security CCTV systems
- Patrol and audit the network and Depots on foot and in a vehicle
- Respond to all security related incidents
- Manage the issue of keys
- Manage the issue of contractor permits
- Accurately maintain security procedure audit trails
- Ensure all security policies and procedures are robustly applied
- Support the Security Office Administrator with any ad hoc tasks
- Any other duties, commensurate with the position, as required by the Security Manager.
Kent Marshalling Area (KMA) Duties
- Marshal all vehicles coming into the KMA
- Process Dangerous Goods Vehicles
- Liaise with DVSA and the emergency services
- Monitor Forward Tanker bay
- Prepare KMA as Emergency Services RVP – if required
- Follow and act on directions from Control Room Manager in relation to movement of vehicles from the KMA
Skills sought after:
- Excellent customer service skills to liaise with the general public, sometimes in a stressed environment
- Previous security experience desirable
- Knowledge of a specific security discipline desirable
- First Aid experience desirable
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Enjoy working as part of a team and building relationships
- A willingness to travel to, and work at, other Connect Plus sites when required
- Self-motivated, highly organised, and able to work off own initiative with the ability to multi-task
- Hold a full UK driving licence and be able to drive a 4×4 patrol vehicle in all conditions
This role is a fixed term contract and will require shift pattern work of 4 on (day and night 12 hour shifts) 4 off. This equates to a 42 hour week across the year.