M25 team’s approach to LEAN recognised as industry leading
M25 scores 3.4 (out of 4) in latest Highways England Lean Maturity Assessment
Together with Connect Plus (CP), Connect Plus Services (CPS) has achieved the highest Highways England Lean Maturity Assessment (HELMA) score awarded to any organisation in the Highways England supply chain to date.
The achievement recognises CPS’ commitment to fostering a culture of continual improvement and the adoption of Lean principles, which the organisation has been working hard to embed since 2016.
CPS’ Lean approach promotes integrated work planning and clearer processes, standardised procedures, an enhanced understanding of customer needs, and the elimination of unnecessary steps and rework (waste), all of which contribute to delivering value and improved journeys for road users.
During the assessment, CPS demonstrated strong evidence of the breadth and depth of its LEAN culture, from the adoption of digital technology and automation to structured problem solving by Lean practitioners and the implementation of Lean techniques by depot managers.
Kelly Burdall, CPS Head of Performance and Quality, said: “Our commitment to LEAN has been consistent since the first HELMA assessment in 2016. Since then, all the teams at CPS have really demonstrated how the application of Lean is an integral part of how we work and have embedded this approach into our culture.
I’m really proud of the team’s contribution and hard work and I can’t praise this year’s HELMA team enough.”
Through improved and more efficient design and build, CPS can ensure its works are delivered safely for those working on site and the travelling public, whilst also continually improving the customer experience.
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25