Connect Plus Services awarded Bronze at the Considerate Constructors Scheme’s National Site Awards
Connect Plus Services announces that, following the Leatherhead depot’s assessment for its performance against the Code of Considerate Construction, it has secured a Bronze award as one of the very best performing sites from across the UK at this year’s prestigious awards at Plaisterers Hall in London.
Alana Murphy, Operations and Maintenance Manager, and Mark Jepson, Shift Manager, represented Connect Plus Services at the Considerate Constructors Scheme’s National Site Awards event which every year recognises those sites registered with the Scheme that have raised the bar for considerate construction.
The Scheme’s monitors visited offices and depots, and used a checklist to confirm a score against each of the five Code categories – appearance, community, environment, safety and workforce.
In its recent report, the Leatherhead depot scored an impressive 44 (of 50), which sees it retain its Performance Beyond Compliance rating.
The monitor noted that respect for the community “continues to be exceptional” and Leatherhead’s engagement with a local primary school “has blossomed into a very valuable community contribution”. It was also highlighted that the workforce is “valued and the standard of care is exceptional”.
Protection for the environment and the depot’s approach to securing all stakeholders’ health and safety were also positively reported.
This is an exceptional achievement and recognises those sites that have made the greatest contribution towards improving the image of construction.
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25