Connect Plus Services (CPS) joins the #MillionMileMission as part of the Great British Spring Clean campaign
CPS collected over 40 bags of litter, contributing more than 300 miles towards Keep Britain Tidy’s #MillionMileMission campaign, which asked volunteers to pledge minutes and hours of litter picking to be converted into miles.
The litter picking activities saw the teams clear areas around the office depots and nearby Welcome Break Services, supplementing the great work that M25 operational teams deliver on the network daily.
Emily Catt, Environmental Assistant at CPS said “It was so nice to see some friendly faces at our depots and do our bit for the environment at the same time. It was incredible to see the change we could make as a team. It was a great effort by everyone!”
CPS has also encouraged its employees to use volunteering time and take part in the campaign by litter picking around their homes and local schools. This includes Gabriella Margherita, CPS Communications Business Partner.
Gabriella said: “I got my seven-year-old son, Lorenzo, involved as he loves litter picking and receiving praises from neighbours and passers-by. It’s great to see him feel good through doing good and notice how this small action can make a big difference to the environment around him.”
Throughout the two-week campaign, the CPS operational teams collected over 700 of litter from the M25 Network.
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25