CPS helps local primary school keep pupils and families safe
Connect Plus Services (CPS) has lent 200 cones to a local primary school in Enfield, to help mark out a one-way system within the school grounds, which will improve social distancing and help keep children and families safe during the COVID pandemic.
Upon receiving a request for assistance from Houndsfield Primary School, Carl Snell, Operations & Maintenance Manager at the CPS Blunts Farm depot, was happy to assist with lending the school traffic management equipment. A crew was organised to deliver the cones to the school, and to support in creating the one-way system needed.
Feedback from the school was very positive and the children were delighted to see the Traffic Management vehicle parked up at the school grounds, with its flashing lights in action.
This collaborative approach to safety, forms part of the company’s Adopt a School initiative, in which the company works with local schools to build relationship with local communities.
Connect Plus Services is happy to support schools with physical improvements, by engaging with students at events such as career days or by visiting the school to raise awareness of important topics such as Road Safety, looking after the environment and career opportunities.
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25