CPS in Bloom
CPS in Bloom took place at a number of schools around our M25 network – including West Ashtead Primary School in Leatherhead, Holy Cross Primary School in Thurrock, and The Dartford Bridge Primary School in Dartford.
Each school received a £200 voucher from us so they could purchase garden equipment and anything else they wanted for the planting area. Volunteers visited the schools to brighten up their play areas by planting flowers and vegetables for the children to enjoy.
Leatherhead – In celebration of a young 7-year-old pupil whose life was tragically ended prematurely due to cancer, CPS has been involved in building a pond in the school grounds. Volunteers were then invited to come back and assist the parents association with weeding and planting around the pond.
Thurrock – The Holy Cross Primary School is in a deprived area and currently classed as having the highest obesity rate in the borough. The school was keen to educate the children about healthy eating and felt that showing children the complete process from planting to plate would support their understanding. With this in mind, we offered to assist with weeding and planting vegetables around the school’s grounds.
Dartford – We visited the Dartford Bridge Primary School and began by clearing allotments that were filled with weeds. While doing this, we found three small frogs and the children happily took them to the school pond. The allotments were then filled with manure and compost, and flowers and vegetable seeds were planted.
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25