CPS Mick Paternoster recognised at Highways Heroes Awards
We’re proud to say a well-deserved congratulations to Mick Paternoster, Connect Plus Services (CPS) Traffic Management Inspector, who received a Personal Impact Medal at the Highways Heroes Awards on Wednesday.
These unique awards recognise those who have gone above and beyond their duty to help someone or improve a situation, either in the communities they work in or to unconditionally support fellow workers in their team.
Mick was nominated for his imperative actions supporting a member of public who was experiencing a mental health emergency on an overbridge on the network.
On talking of the incident, Mick said: “I am sure anyone in my position that night would have done the same. However, I am glad I was there to help the young lad and his mother. Hopefully, he has been able to get the help he really needed. Life is hard for everyone at the moment especially with COVID, and now the cost-of-living, people need a little help. Mental health is at an all-time low for many, which makes me glad I’m a part of a top-class company.”
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25