CPS raises the bar for considerate construction
The Considerate Constructor Scheme (CCS) has awarded Connect Plus Services (CPS) excellent and exceptional scoring against each of the categories – appearance, community, environment, safety and workforce.
The Scheme looks at the measures an organisation has put in place to be more considerate towards local neighbourhoods and the public, the workforce, and the environment.
Following an independent audit at the end of November, the CCS monitor said that “much of the Considerate Constructor Scheme Code is part of the company’s ethos and its working practices”.
A number of initiatives were highlighted in the Considerate Constructors Scheme’s report, which included CPS’s Mental Health First Aid training and the installation of a defibrillator in each depot.
CPS’s corporate social responsibility initiative, Adopt a School, was also recognised following this year’s activities involving our staff and the supply chain. The Culture Club and its goal to promote diversity and inclusion was also praised.
The business’ delivery of the Code of Conduct has seen CPS receive several accolades for “performance beyond compliance” since we first registered in 2009.
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25