CPS Roadspace team volunteer to make a difference for local cause
Delivering social value is fundamental to CPS. We make it our mission to work collaboratively with our local communities, from the grass roots up. We are committed to working sustainably and positively contributing to our neighbours, including schools and local causes. Read more about our commitment here. A part of this commitment includes the allocation of two paid volunteering days to all colleagues.
Recently, our Roadspace team spent the day with the Kent County Council team who look after the country parks in West Kent. They volunteered for the day at Preston Hill, near Lullingstone Castle, a short drive from our Dartford office.
The site includes an old rifle range from the First World War, which had become totally overgrown. Together they cleared a large amount of the vegetation, allowing space for fencing to be installed around the site for added security.
It is a great cause in our local community and extremely rewarding for the team to make a profound change to the area.
Leila Nikraz, CPS Roadspace Optimisation Manager, who took part in the volunteering said:
"It was an honour to be able to help Kent CC with the clearing of vegetation. We got to experience the hard work that these individuals undertake daily and our whole team were incredibly pleased with the outcome being able to make a difference to the community.’'
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25