Connect Plus Services supports local charity to reopen for summer
As part of our commitment to social value and using two company volunteering days encouraged to staff, a team made up of volunteers from CPS Business Strategy and Leatherhead Service Delivery teams chose to support a local charity helping young people.
Based at The Old Pheasantry, Tadworth, and run by The Land & City Families Trust, the wonderful cause provides accommodation for groups of disadvantaged children to enjoy holidays in the Surrey countryside.
These holidays are an invaluable opportunity for the young people and have a huge impact in the community.
Whilst working with a stakeholder adjacent to the network, the team became aware of the cause and how they could help voluntarily.
The work included cutting back undergrowth in their grounds, spreading new wood chippings on their playground area and jet washing their extensive patio to remove moss and debris which could cause children to slip and fall.
This work will enable the children to enjoy the extensive grounds available to learn, but most importantly to do so in a safer environment.
Jeff Harris, Joint Chairman of the Land & City Families Trust said:
“The charity and trustees are incredibly grateful for all the help, support and effort given to us by Connect Plus Services and the brilliant team who came and spent hours making such a difference to our grounds.”
Duncan Hayes, Route Manager, who organised the voluntary work said:
"The Business Strategy Team really enjoyed our day of volunteering with the Land & City Families Trust. I believe it really shows the difference Connect Plus Services can make in the local community with our volunteering days. We couldn’t have done it without the superb support we received from Daren Collins and the Service Delivery Team at Leatherhead and our colleagues Wendy Dempster and Charmaine Canham in H&S who supported us with Risk Assessments at such short notice."
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25