Dartford ranks amongst the very top-performing sites
Connect Plus Services’ Dartford depot has been awarded a score of 44 (out of 50) by the Considerate Construction Scheme (CCS) following an assessment of its performance against the Code of Considerate Construction.
Any site that registers with the Scheme makes a commitment to meet the minimum requirements of the Scheme’s Code of Considerate Practice and when Scheme monitors visit these sites, they assess five Code categories – appearance, community, environment, safety and workforce.
During the visit, the CCS monitor noted that the Dartford depot’s “appearance is consistently excellent with all the appropriate arrangements in place to ensure that a professional industry image is presented at all times.”
Dartford’s focus on the ‘Community’ has increased from ‘Excellent’ to ‘Exceptional’ since the CCS monitor’s last visit. It was highlighted that “there is a particular focus on school and college interaction and support” and that Connect Plus Services has established “effective and sustainable links with their nearest primary and secondary schools.”
This is a great achievement and highlights the efforts of the Dartford team in being a considerate constructor and maintaining the Scheme’s standards.
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25