Delivering schemes and smiles - M25 community supports local charities as part of improvement scheme
Working on behalf of Connect Plus and Highways England, Principle Contractor R&W, are currently delivering improvements at the Crooked Billet Roundabout in Staines, Surrey. This will see improvements to safety and traffic flow at the roundabout, alongside improved routes for pedestrians and cyclists.
As part of the organisation’s commitment to social value, R&W have also been making voluntary contributions to support the local community.
Their community based works have included the provision of 30 fence panels to a local dog rescue charity based in Wraysbury. The charity provides homes for dogs that have been maltreated or have no secure home, and the land provides a safe open-air environment for the dogs to exercise. Sandy Sharma, who works on behalf of several charities, contacted R&W to request support to expand the safe area with some Heras fencing panels, as the number of dogs is increasing. The team helped to install the panels and improve access to the field.
Sandy Sharma said: “I am overwhelmed with the help R&W team provided, and so grateful, it will mean so much for the dogs we help”.
The team has been supporting Manna Food Bank, a local charity based in the Spelthorne area and so far has donated over 200 Kg of food and toiletry donations. The site team’s first delivery took place in Staines led by R&W Project Manager Sam Martell and Site Agent Anna Pappa.
Manna Food Bank said: “A very big thank you for the wonderful delivery you and your colleagues made today. We are very grateful for your support. Without donations such as yours we would be unable to assist the many families and clients in Spelthorne requesting our help.”
Most recently, R&W were approached by a local angling club who share the entrance to their site compound, as they could not access the track to the fishing lake due to poor surface condition and overgrown vegetation.
The team improved the track surface and cut back the vegetation which now allows anglers and those wishing to visit the lake to safely access the track and the car park.
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25