HELMA 2019 - CPS continues to drive business efficiencies
Connect Plus Services (M25) recently completed its annual two-day Highways England Lean Maturity Assessment (known as HELMA), where organisations in the Highways England supply chain can determine the extent to which they have introduced, adopted and grown the use of lean principles, methodologies, tools and techniques.
Highways England review 10 topic areas and score each of them for the lean maturity of the business using a score of up to 4. Connect Plus Services has continued its year-on-year improvement since first taking part in the assessment back in 2016 – now scoring 3.1 out of 4.
The business has made continual and steady progress and, during the assessment, Highways England offered positive feedback on several areas of continued good practice and offered guidance on potential areas for focus going forward.
Matt Stedman, Business Efficiency Manager at Connect Plus Services, said: “We are delighted to have been awarded a score of 3.1, which showcases the progress we have made in a relatively short period of time. This assessment has provided us with both positive feedback and a renewed focus on what we need to achieve in the coming months to keep up the momentum.
“Operating as a lean business is a core focus and by using ‘lean’ tools and techniques we can really drive business efficiencies to operate and maintain the M25 network to the highest standard.”
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25