Highways England Hackathon - Success!
We had amazing success over the weekend in the Highways England Hackathon! Our team came third out of twenty teams that took part!
Mei-Leng and Augusto Aldeghi took part in a joint CPS and Balfour Beatty team. The 24 hour Hackathon was organised by Highways England in Milton Keynes and was the opportunity to utilise Highways England's data to develop real world solutions for England’s Strategic Road Network.
Highways England provided data from traffic flows, accident information and data on hardware on the network, competitors were asked to find ways to aid decision making and planning, improve safety, reduce disruption and provide a better service to road users.
A massive thank you to Mei-Leng and Augusto Aldeghi for taking time out of their weekends to represent CPS at a high profile Highways England event!
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25