Introducing industry first automated cone laying machine to the M25
Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services are proud to introduce the Falcon automated Cone laying machine (ACLM) to our M25 fleet this week.
The machinery was developed under the National Highways Designated Fund programme, in partnership with Highway Care and SENN Engineering. It is an industry and UK first to be rolled out on the M25 network by one of our parent companies, Balfour Beatty.
The innovative ACLM will lay-out and collect cones across the network, in turn reducing the need for operatives to manually move up to five tonnes of cones per shift.
Benefits are vital in health, safety and wellbeing of colleagues working across high-risk environments on the network, which is a core collaborative value across the project teams. Furthermore, use of the machine will also improve time efficiency and team availability on schemes.
Please read the full press release here.
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25