Supervisor – Swanley
The Supervisor assists in the efficient service delivery of the M25 DBFO Network by undertaking a wide range of hazard clearance, network maintenance and other tasks as required by Line Manager.
• Managing teams on site, including all Maintenance, ISU/ERT operatives, stand in for shift manager as required
• Supervise the delivery of all works, including quality, productivity, and programme. Delivering Briefings, De-briefings
• Carry out Litter surveys, gate stops, safety tours, toolbox talks, support the implementation of procedures
• Attend incidents in the capacity of bronze command
• Support and implement Chapter 8 compliant Traffic Management in line with CPS policies, method statements, risk assessments and industry standards.
• Responsible for the delivery of Zero Harm objectives, through the identification and management of hazards and risks
• Support the Use of mobile communication/data devices to accurately input data for record purposes to form reports and business records as required
• Support routine vehicle checks and maintain accurate and up to date driving records in line with legislation in accordance with CPS procedures and legislation.
• Raise awareness of issues which may affect the safe operation of the network and report these as observed.
• Participate in Winter Service rota as required
Skills & Experience:
• Good communications at all levels, customer service skills; ability to work professionally with key stakeholders e.g., National Highways and Emergency Services
• Ability to work under pressure
• UK Driving Licence, minimum category C (LGV Class 2)
• Driver Qualification Card
• CSCS Card
• Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Highways Maintenance
• ROLO Sector Scheme 18
• NHSS12A/B 1 Day qualification
• 12AB For Static Temporary Traffic Management on High-Speed Roads and All-Purpose Trunk Road (APTR) network
• NHSS Sector 2 A/B Fencing qualification
• Unit 518 (formerly unit 13) Winter Service Operations and unit 580 (formerly unit 80) Snowplough/ V blade
• Appropriate lifting qualification
• Vehicle Marshall
• 12AB Impact Protection Vehicle Courses (IPV)
• Disc cutter/abrasive wheel
• Working on a live motorway or All-Purpose Trunk Road (APTR) network
• Experience of working in a similar traffic / highway’s roles
Working arrangements supervisor :
• Expected to work on a 4-on, 4-off shift pattern, that rotating equally between 4-day shifts and 4 and night shifts.
• Day shifts are 06:00 to 18:00 including 2×30 minute breaks, night shifts 18:00 to 06:00 including 2×30 minute breaks.
• Reasonable level of travel around M25 network and between depots
• Travel to meetings, training and works sites outside normal operational area
• Expected to participate in out of hours call out rotas e.g., Winter Maintenance
CPS is a joint Venture project with Balfour Beatty, AtkinsRéalis and Egis Road Operations UK. We operate and maintain the M25.
The M25 is the busiest section of motorway in Europe and requires careful and efficient planning of work in order to deliver over £100m of annual investment in the highway infrastructure each year, in addition to planned and reactive maintenance activity.
If you have or are looking for a career in Highways, working on the M25 will give you experience and challenge that no other highways project can offer.