Leatherhead “continues to impress”
Leatherhead welcomed back Considerate Constructor Scheme monitor Paul in December, for his seventh visit to the Surrey-based depot.
In a recent report, Paul scored the depot an impressive 43 (of 50), which sees Leatherhead retain its Performance Beyond Compliance rating.
As always, the depot was assessed for its performance against the Code of Considerate Construction: Care about Appearance; Respect the Community; Protect the Environment; Secure everyone’s Safety and; Value their Workforce.
A score of eight demonstrates performing to an excellent standard well beyond the minimum requirements of the Scheme’s Code of Considerate Practice.
Leatherhead has scored eight in both Appearance and Workforce category, with the monitor noting how the business promotes “a positive industry image” through its unobtrusive appearance and social media presence and commending the approach to supporting an increasingly diverse workforce.
Depot manager, Alana Murphy, is understandably delighted with her scoring.
“This is the second visit from the Considerate Constructor Scheme that I have hosted, and I’m delighted that the improvements we have made have been recognised. This score is a credit to everyone here at Leatherhead, and from the wider business, who have worked so hard to achieve it.
“Thank you Paul, and the CCS, for your continued support – I look forward to welcoming you back to see the further improvements we will make over the coming months, to demonstrate our commitment to being a considerate constructor.”
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25