M25 inspires young careers at Highways England Education Group’s first virtual work experience event
As a member of the Highways England Education Group, Connect Plus (CP) and Connect Plus Services (CPS) were proud to be involved in the group’s first virtual work experience week, which is discussed in HighwaysIndustry.com.
The initiative was aimed at young people aged 14-18, who have an interest in construction and engineering within the highways sector. The purpose of the event was to provide them with an insight into the industry and to encourage them to consider a potential career in the field.
The week involved daily mentoring and projects resembling industry tasks. Whilst learning, numerous experts were introduced and talked about their varying disciplines.
Sid Paturi, CPS Lead Estimator, engaged with a group of year 10 students, discussing the estimating and tendering processes on projects, as well as more on the industry in general.
The M25 team is committed to engaging with young people throughout their education and raising awareness of career opportunities in the industry. The company also provides all employees with two paid volunteering days per year, allowing staff to give back and add value to local communities surrounding the M25 network.
If you’re interested in a career keeping Europe’s busiest motorway operational, find more information about our career opportunities here
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25