M25 shortlisted in this year’s Highways UK Intelligent Infrastructure Challenge
Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services have been shortlisted in this year's Highways UK Intelligent Infrastructure Challenge, in partnership with Highway Data Systems and AgileAssets. The shortlisted award submission focuses on the team’s approach to full depth asset management by collating digital data to enable longer lasting roads.
This approach uses automated pavement construction quality information to improve road asset management and deterioration modelling. The project uses BIM principles and seeks to join up engineering areas that were previously data segregated
The solution improves the quality of asset information, which will enable better decision making and will ensure resources are utilised more efficiently so roads can be maintained at a higher standard whilst minimising future works and associated disruption to the travelling public.
This solution is being applied on the M25 network by Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services as part of the wider digital transformation of the M25 contract.
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25