Network excellence – Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS)
When the Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS) visits one of our depots, the monitor assesses our commitment to the Code of Considerate Conduct, specifically the areas of Appearance, Community, Environment, Safety and Workforce.
In March, CCS re-visited Swanley and Denham and, once again, both depots received excellent and exceptional scores.
In Swanley, the monitor noted that there is a consistent commitment to engage the entire workforce in social activities and to promote both safety and environmental practices. "This level of commitment demonstrates the all-embracing support given towards considerate practice".
In Denham, it was reported that the depot is complying with the very highest standards of industry good practice and aims of the scheme. "The comprehensive and well-maintained welfare facilities remain in place; they continue to be well stocked and almost sparkle".
Well done to the teams for your efforts in improving the image of construction.
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25