#RaisingTheBar and inspiring more girls into engineering
Connect Plus Services is celebrating this year’s International Women in Engineering Day with a variety of activities taking place across the business.
The annual national awareness day provides the opportunity for businesses to celebrate their year-round commitment to raising the profile of women in engineering and the career opportunities available in the sector.
Today saw three inspirational women from Connect Plus Services join forces with Longfield Academy, in Kent, to engage the next generation of women as they begin to make important decisions on their future career paths.
Hooi Lee, Senior Structures Engineer, Kelly Butterworth, Planner, and Cintia Bailey, Communications Business Partner, discussed their route into the industry, explained the importance of having a diverse workforce, and opened the floor to questions.
The young women were particularly interested to understand more about the PPE requirements and a typical day in the life of an engineer.
Activities will continue across the business over the coming days as Connect Plus Services continues to engage and inspire the workforce.
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25