CPS celebrates ex-forces heroes to mark Armed Forces Day
Connect Plus Services (CPS) is proud to support and recognise the Armed Forces community for their service, dedication, and efforts to keep us safe in the UK and across the globe.
With a growing ex-forces community operating in a range of roles across the business, CPS recognises that many of the available career opportunities are perfectly suited to service leavers and the breadth of skills gained through experience with the Armed Forces.
One service leaver, now based at CPS Scratchwood Depot, is Mark Turner, Traffic Management Operative. Before joining CPS, Mark served with the Battalion of Rifles and saw active duty in Afghanistan, carrying out operational exercises across the globe during his eight years of service.
His military service brings a valuable skillset to Connect Plus Services, in addition to countless transferable ‘soft’ skills like confidence, teamwork and crisis management.
Richard Mould, CPS Technology Engineer, served in the Royal Navy between 1991 and 1996 as a Weapons Engineer. He said: “Most of my time was on shore training as an Electronics Engineer and playing Volleyball, representing the Royal Navy. I spent 12 months on a Type 42 Destroyer (HMS Liverpool) and visited many places, from joint operations training in the North Atlantic to an operational role in the Persian Gulf, stopping off at Gibraltar and Egypt along the way.”
The annual national campaign gives everyone the opportunity to show their support for the men and women of the Armed Forces past and present, including those currently serving, their families, reservists, veterans and cadets.
Robert Haddow, who is currently Operations and Maintenance Manager for the Northwest Quadrant of the M25, was a commando trained Royal Engineer within the Armed Forces having served a total of 13 years.
Rob said: “Every member of the Armed Forces offers so much to civilian employers and the Career Transition Partnership is a great asset to have while making the transition. They help and assist you along the way while organising many Job Fairs with Civilian Employers who are looking for Service Leavers. Connect Plus Services are actively looking to recruit service leavers as they know the skill set and work ethic that we provide.”
Through parent organisations, Connect Plus Services are proud members of the Armed Forces Covenant. CPS recognises that many Armed Forces leavers have transferable skills which are ideally suited to the construction sector and are committed to offering a rewarding career, with opportunities for continued development.
Armed Forces Day takes place on the last Saturday of June and recognises the bravery and commitment of the Armed Forces both past and present who risk and have risked their lives in the line of duty.
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25