Success for Connect Plus at the Women in Construction and Engineering Awards
Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services (CPS) employees were praised at the Women in Construction and Engineering Awards (WICE) on Tuesday night, with Sofia Athanassiou, Connect Plus Commercial Director, securing Best Woman in Highways.
Mandy Osborne, CPS Scheduler and Chloe Tucknott, CPS Business Development Director, were shortlisted for Best Woman Construction Planner and Best Female Mentor.
The annual awards recognise the most exemplary women within construction and engineering across Europe with an aim of creating role models for those considering a career in these sectors.
Andy Dean, Chief Executive, Connect Plus, said: “We are delighted that the excellent work being undertaken by women across the business was recognised at last night’s WICE Awards. It is vital that as an industry we continue to break down barriers and encourage more women to enter and remain in the sector.
“Sofia’s journey is a prime example of the career opportunities available. Sofia has progressed from Bid Manager to Commercial Director and Executive Director on the Board, all whilst balancing her responsibilities as a working mother and maintaining a healthy work-life balance.”
Chris Till, Managing Director, Connect Plus Services, said: “We are committed to creating a diverse and engaging environment for our people and customers. I hope that by recognising the vital role women have in the highways sector, through awards such as WICE, we can raise the profile of the industry and make it an attractive career choice for all.”
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25