The digital network of the future
As custodians of Europe’s busiest and most critical motorway network; the M25, Connect Plus Services are responsible for its entire operation and maintenance on behalf of Connect Plus and National Highways.
Connect Plus Services brings together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies: Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
To manage the asset and, in turn, the joint goal on improving the customer experience, digital technology is firmly embedded into our business strategy, led by our dedicated digital team.
As a result, our development of innovative technology is not only streamlining the way we work across the organisation but is also shaping the industry.
Our pioneering control space allows visibility of the entire asset. Through real time data, this means that our teams are quick to adapt to a changing environment, and therefore enhancing the customer experience and, imperatively, the safety of our workforce.
Building further on this technology is the development of our digital twin of the network, providing benefits to time management, planning and safety.
To aid in proactive management of the network, Balfour Beatty asset, Omincom, identifies the condition of the asset as it drives. This tells our teams in advance when likely work is needed and allows us to put in place positive interventions.
Together, through technology, we can combine crucial data from numerous sources on the network. This creates a greater understanding of the customer environment and the asset to therefore provide a better asset that double serves its customers.
Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services remain at the forefront of digital technology in the industry and drive for innovative designs. Digital transformation will continue to enhance every angle of our work and, being an integral focus of our strategy, it will be core to our effective maintenance and operations of the network.
Andy Dean, Chief Executive Connect Plus, said:
‘Our digital transformation programme will ensure that we continue to be an industry leading organisation and it is essential that we continue along this path developing our digital capabilities to be sure that our business is future ready.’
David Neal, Managing Director Connect Plus Services, said:
'We are on journey to become a truly digital business and organisation. This is transforming from one that was paper based only a few years ago. Our digital tools will allow us to get a much better visualisation of the network, this allows us to plan our works so we can undertake them much more efficiently and safer.’
To see all about our latest digital updates and plans for the future, please watch the below video.
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25