Winners at the The Institute of Asset Management Excellence Awards
Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services were delighted to win the Sustainability and Climate Impact Award at The Institute of Asset Management Excellence Awards, alongside Atkins, Skanska, Toppesfield and FM Conway.
The award recognises our innovative work installing a new surface course using 50% reclaimed asphalt.
Asphalt resurfacing is a major carbon footprint contributor and is often required in maintaining the M25 road network. One element of our asset management strategy, aims to minimise our carbon footprint through increased recycling of high-quality materials already available on the network.
Through the success of this trial, it has demonstrated that we can minimise the environmental impacts of resurfacing on the network by increasing recycled content in the road surface without negatively impacting asset performance.
It is a very proud award win, and amazing work by everyone involved.
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25