Connect Plus Services celebrates students success at local college awards
A great evening was spent by the Connect Plus Services team at a local college, The Leigh UTC in Dartford, celebrating their recent awards ceremony.
These awards were a great opportunity to celebrate the achievements of their students and see so many achieving fantastic awards.
At the event, CPS presented the Computer Science Post 16 Award. This was awarded to Lewis Gibbons, who is currently undertaking work experience with our Digital team.
Lewis, along with fellow The Leigh UTC student Jack Williams, is working with CPS on work experience as part of their Technology Level (t-Level) course. This is a qualification requirement and they are both spending one a day a week with our Digital team for twenty weeks.
Both Lewis and Jack are building an understanding of the processes involved in running a small project, gathering requirements, and delivering outputs.
Adam Talbot, CPS Digital Transformation Manager, said:
“It’s great to have Lewis and Jack working with us on the M25. We are able to offer them an insight into the world of work, provide them with development opportunities and improve our links with the local community. They are integrating into the team well and I have given them a project that they can manage as their own with support when they need it.”
Our CPS team left the awards event feeling inspired and ready to continue supporting these amazing young people, who are already making such a positive difference in their communities.
Working with local schools forms part of our ‘Adopt a School’ initiative. Within this, CPS takes on opportunities to engage with children to promote future careers in the industry, raise awareness of our road activities and campaigns, as well as utilise our skills to improve their facilities.
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25