Connect Plus Services supports exciting horticultural transformation at local school
Connect Plus Services (CPS) has been supporting local Folkestone Academy on their horticultural project to transform their outdoor space into areas which incorporate learning, growing and the community.
Zoe Basham, Landscape Manager at CPS, visited to advise on their plans; discussing which plants to use, cost effective savings, a strategy for the works and how to work with their local community to ensure mutual benefit.
Plans include a wildflower meadow, renovations to the memorial garden which will include a poppy field to remember fallen heroes in all wars, and an orchard and vegetable plot with a restored polytunnel.
It is an exciting project and a huge transformation in the making. It will create great areas for everyone to enjoy as well as wildlife and plants space to thrive.
Working with local schools forms part of our ‘Adopt a School’ initiative. Within this, CPS takes on opportunities to engage with children to promote future careers in the industry, raise awareness of our road activities and campaigns, as well as utilise our skills to improve their facilities.
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25