East Surrey College Careers and Jobs Fair 2022
On Monday 23rd June, two of our Connect Plus Services team, Alex Leadon (Digital Delivery Graduate) and Florika Arora (Senior HR Advisor), attended East Surrey College to be part of their Careers and Jobs Fair 2022.
At the event were a wide range of employers, charities and universities providing a wealth information and sharing their experiences to the college’s students and members of the public.
Alex and Florika were able to discuss the Highways industry, share their own personal experiences and talk about our CPS business, including the work we’re carrying out on local schemes.
They also directed those interested on the various routes into the roles available and took many questions that were asked, which demonstrated great interest in the field.
Many of those who attended were encouraged to bring along their CVs and were given time slots which meant for an organised and helpful event.
‘I really enjoyed attending the careers fair representing CPS and speaking to students, teachers and parents, explaining about what we do and what we can offer them. It also helped that the event was very well organised and that the students that I spoke to were engaged and genuinely interested in what we were saying. If the opportunity came about to attend a similar event, then there would be no doubt that I would do it again.’
Our commitment to sharing opportunities in the industry with young people and supporting their learning forms a large part of our focus on social value, with more information available here.
Furthermore, working with local schools forms part of CPS’ Adopt a School initiative. This initiative focuses on engaging with children to promote the industry as a future career choice, raise awareness of CPS road activities and campaigns, and to utilise the skills of the business to build improvements to school facilities.
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25