Respect for the environment, workforce and customers secures CPS Bronze at the 2020 Considerate Constructors Scheme’s National Site Awards
The Considerate Constructors Scheme has awarded Connect Plus Services’ Leatherhead depot a Bronze award at the 2020 National Site Awards. The award follows a performance assessment against the Scheme’s Code of Considerate Practice, which demonstrated an excellent consideration towards the public, its workforce and the environment.
The assessment follows a number of criteria and observes the site based on the following categories: Care about Appearance, Respect for the Community, Protecting the Environment, Securing everyone’s Safety and Value the Workforce.
The Leatherhead depot scored an impressive 44 (of 50), which sees it retain its Performance Beyond Compliance rating for the third consecutive year, in addition to the Bronze award.
The monitor noted that “Respect for the community continues to be excellent, with a robust systematic approach being taken in considering and communicating with all stakeholders.
“Protection for the environment remains exceptional, with a robust systematic approach being taken to the measurement and continual improvement of a broad range of environmental aspects and impacts.
“The workforce is valued and the standard of care is exceptional, with a continuing open and positive culture supported by a comprehensive array of well maintained facilities.”
This achievement demonstrates Connect Plus Services’ dedication, effort and commitment to raising standards of considerate construction.
Notes to Editors
About Connect Plus and Connect Plus Services
- Over 10 years ago, Highways England awarded Connect Plus the contract to operate and manage the M25 and its key arterial link roads.
- Connect Plus is a consortium that includes Edge Orbital Holdings Ltd, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operation UK - a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways maintenance and management.
- Connect Plus Services (CPS), is Connect Plus’ specialist and strategic supply chain partner responsible for operations and maintenance, bringing together the collective strength and expertise of its parent companies, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and Egis Road Operation UK.
- With a workforce of around 600 people, based at seven locations around the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance, and whole-life management of thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme.
- Over the past 10 years, collectively we’ve delivered over £1.4bn worth of road improvements and junction enhancements, and we’re continually exploring new and innovative ways to deliver safer, more reliable journeys for our customers. Together, we’re passionate about delivering the long-term needs of the M25 and improving the driving experience for all our customers.
- For further information please visit https://www.connectplusm25.co.uk/ or follow us at https://twitter.com/cpservices_m25